Honestly, what’s not love about fall? Pumpkin this and pumpkin that, cooler weather and the change in colors. Many brides choose to highlight the season in their weddings. If you live in South Florida, that can be a little challenging since the sunshine state only has two seasons, hot and not so hot. Below, we listed 5 tips to accomplish a fall wedding in the tropics.
- It’s all about the colors. The simplest way to capture fall in your wedding is with colors. Burnt orange, sage or burgundy are just a few colors that exude fall.
- Make the tropics work for you. Using things that are native to the tropics will put a truly unique spin on your fall wedding. Mango mini calla lilies are a great tropical flower to use for a fall wedding.
- Consider the time of day. Using a South Florida sunset as a backdrop to your vows adds an immense amount of rich colors to your wedding. Also, planning an outside reception in the evening allows the slightly cooler air to add to the fall theme.
- Add a rustic touch. Anything rustic we correlate with fall, especially in South Florida. Twinkle lights, wood and mason jars are just a few additions that can create the aesthetic you’re looking for.
- Incorporate fall flavors. The wedding menu will be your biggest opportunity to create a sense of fall. The seasonal menu should include warm comfort foods such as a roasted sweet potato soup or having the bar stocked with autumn cocktails like spiked apple cider!